France is the second top destination in Europe for students from Singapore wishing to pursue a higher education, with around 500 new students arriving every year. Singapore is also the leading destination for French investment in South-East Asia, with more than 750 French companies based in the city-state. In the context of the France-Singapore Year of Innovation (January 2018 – March 2019), which provided a new impetus to the bilateral relationship with 12 ministerial visits and over 60 events held in both Singapore and France, we developed the idea of encouraging Singaporean students to acquire a unique skill set “à la française” through an internship in MNCs (French Multinational Companies) with a strong presence in Singapore.
France Excellence (FEX) is a scholarship programme supported by several French companies and the Embassy of France. FEX is the perfect vehicle for Singaporean students to do a 3- to 6-month internship in a French company, in France, Singapore or anywhere else in the world. The programme supports a very wide range of internships including engineering, business, art design, social science, managament and much more.
1. The programme targets 3rd and 4th year undergraduate (Bachelor level) and graduate students (Master
Updated on 25 February 2019
2. The internships have to last between 3 and 6 months.
3. Only English proficiency is required.
4. The internships are opened to students from any nationalities registered in partnered Singaporeans higher education
institutions: NUS, NTU, SMU and SIT.
5. The internship’s theme can concern any fields but science and engineering will be privileged for the
support given by the Embassy of France.
6. The internships have to be carried out in a French company.
7. The internships can take place in any countries where the French company has activities.
8. The Embassy of France will fund the plane tickets only for the internships carried out in France.
9. The Embassy of France will take in charge the health insurance coverage to cover any medical emergency
for the total duration of the internship only for the internships carried out in France.
10. The Embassy of France will take in charge the internship visa for the students and will facilitate the visa
process only for the internships carried out in France.
11. The French company will provide monthly stipend to the student during his internship of a minimum of
577.50 €/month (≈885 SGD) according to the French Law when the internship takes place in France.
There is no maximum and the exact amount of the monthly stipend is determined by the French company.
12. Partnering higher education institutions from Singapore are free to offer a supplementary support to the
13. All the remaining costs are at the charge of the student.
14. The Embassy of France will be responsible for the management of the “France Excellence” programme
15. After the student application is accepted by the Embassy of France and the French Company, Campus
France, a French public organisation attached to the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, will
be in charge of the logistic part of the scholarship (plane tickets, health insurance coverage, help for
16. The Embassy of France keeps the right to reject any student application or offered internship through the
“France Excellence” programme platform.
1. 28 August – 15 October : All the internship offers are posted on the dedicated platform (link at the top)
All the internship offers will be posted between 28 August and 30 September.
2. 08 September – 30 October : Students apply on the platform
Partner university students can start applying on the platform from 8 September until 30 October.
3. 30 October – 15 November: Selection of candidates by the companies
Companies will have until 15 November to select their applicants.
4. 15 – 20 November: Definitive answer to be given by the applicants
Once the companies have selected the applicants and notified them, students will have until 20 November to accept the offers via the system.
If the internship is carried out in France, the application will be sent to Campus France, the French public organization attached to the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.
5. 21 November – 31 December: Students must have confirmed their engagement to the program
Campus France will be in charge of the logistic part of the scholarship (plane tickets, health insurance coverage, help for accommodation, etc.) and will take care of the administrative process (creation of the visa, acceptance letter etc.).
6. From 1 January: Beginning of the internships
First internships will start at the very beginning of the year 2020.