IN SEARCH OF LOST TIME
2022 is the 100th death anniversary of the great French novelist Marcel Proust. He is known for his seven-volume novel À la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time), which features countless references to composers before and of his time. Much of Proust’s musical education took place at the Parisian music salon of Princesse de Polignac, where premieres of living French composers’ avantgarde works were heard.
Join us in this special reminiscence of the Parisian salon and its music that inspired Proust’s vignettes of his musical contemporaries, in the most respected novel of the 20th century!
This programme will feature internationally acclaimed musicians Jamie Walton (Cello), Luca Buratto (Piano), Tang Tee Khoon (Violin)
and French clarinetist Florent Héau.
- Debussy Masques
- Debussy D’Un Cahier D’Esquisses
- Debussy L’isle Joyeuse
- Stravinsky Three Pieces for solo clarinet
- Fauré Piano Trio in d minor Op.120 – for clarinet, cello and piano
- Ravel Violin Sonata No. 2 in G major M.77
- Ravel-Sciortino Reminiscences de ‘L’enfant et les sortilèges’
– for clarinet, violin, cello and piano
- Poulenc Clarinet Sonata FP184
- Fauré Cello Sonata No. 2 in g minor Op. 117
- Debussy Première Rhapsodie
- Ravel Piano Trio in a minor M.67
$42, $62, $82, $102 / Purchase tickets on BookMyShow
FB: Chamber Music and Arts Singapore