The Embassy of France in Singapore is launching the 2021 edition of “France Excellence Internships” programme.
France is the first top destination in European Union for students from Singapore wishing to pursue a higher education. Singapore is also the leading destination for French investment in South-East Asia, with more than 1,000 French companies based in the City-State.
In the context of the France-Singapore Year of Innovation (January 2018 – March 2019), which provided a new impetus to the bilateral relationship in higher education, science and innovation, the idea of encouraging Singaporean students to acquire a unique skill set à la française through an internship in French companies with a strong presence in Singapore has been developed.
All Singaporean autonomous universities (NTU, NUS, SIT, SMU, SUSS and SUTD) and 25 French companies have joined the programme for the third edition of the programme.
“France Excellence Internships” programme is the perfect vehicle for Singaporean students to do a 3- to 6-month internship in France, in Singapore and anywhere else in the world. The programme supports a very wide range of internships including engineering, business, art design, social science, management and much more.
Download the “France Excellence Internships” flyer here.
|Refer to the following schedule if your internship is carried |
|Opening of internship applications||01 October|
|End of internship applications||30 October|
|Companies must have selected the students and notified the Embassy of France on the platform||16 November|
|Start of administrative process for students taking part in the programme (acceptance letter, scholarship application, visa application, etc.)||19 November|
|Internship agreement to be signed by all parties||18 December|
|Early 2021||Start of the first internships|
|Refer to the following schedule if your internship is carried|
in SINGAPORE OR OVERSEAS:
|Opening of internship applications||01 October||01 October|
|End of internship applications||1 month before the date of start of the internship||2 months before the date of start of the internship|
|Companies select and notify the students||15 days before the date of start of the internship||1 month before the date of start of the internship|
Support provided by the Embassy of France and the French companies
For the internships carried out in France:
- Students selected in the programme will be exempt from visa fees (i.e exempted of approximately SGD150, service fees are still to be paid to VFS Global agency),
- The Embassy of France will cover the cost of the round trip plane tickets,
- The Embassy of France will secure an accommodation for the students during the internship period. The rent is to be paid by the students,
- Students will receive a scholarship from the Embassy of France in order to follow French language classes during the first three months of the internship period,
- The French company will provide monthly stipend to the student during the internship of a minimum of €577.50/month (≈SGD885) according to the French Law,
- All the remaining costs are at the charge of the student.
- The programme is open to undergraduates in their 3rd or 4th year (Bachelor level) and to graduate students (Master level),
- The internships are between three to six months,
- The only requirement is an English proficiency,
- The internships are open to students from any nationality but they must be enrolled in any of the six partner universities for the whole duration of the internship: NTU, NUS, SIT, SMU, SUSS and SUTD,
- The internships may be carried out in any domain, no restriction applies.
The French company will provide monthly stipend to the student during his internship of a minimum of €577.50/month (≈SGD885) according to the French Law when the internship takes place in France. The exact amount of the monthly stipend will be decided by the French company, last session average monthly stipend was approximately €1,100. All the remaining costs are at the charge of the student.
The companies are fully responsible of the selection process of the candidates. After the application is both approved by the Embassy of France and the French company, Campus France, a French public organisation attached to the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, will be in charge of the logistic part of the scholarship (plane tickets, health insurance coverage, help for accommodation, etc.). The Embassy of France keeps the right to reject any student application or offered internship through the “France Excellence Internships” programme platform.
Check out the internship offers HERE!