IFS participates to the “24 hours of Time for the Planet” event which will take place on 11 & 12 September 2021.
Time for the planet (www.time-planet.com/en) is a non-profit organisation that creates and finances organisations to fight global climate change. With more than 27,000 partners, the organisation aims to raise 1 billion Euros to achieve its mission.
To this end, Time for the Planet is organising an event, a sort of Telethon, to raise awareness of the movement, which will take place in two stages:
- A giant 40,000km run around the world on 11 & 12 September (48 hours) from 8am to 8pm: anyone can sign up to run or walk to increase the number of km. Every kilometre run will be converted into trees planted through the Active Giving platform.
- A video-conference on sustainable development and climate change in Singapore on Sunday 12 September from 12.30 pm from 2 pm, with Time for the Planet, IFS students and teachers, and Singaporean climate change experts as speakers:
- Introduction of Time for the Planet and their initiatives in Asia
- IFS initiatives towards climate change
- Questions from IFS students and eco-delegates to Time for the Planet
Registration and participation procedure in the race :
- Register online by entering your details on the T4P event page. Enter “IFS” as a city to run for our school colours.
- Receive a personalised email to set up your phone for the race and download the Active Giving app.
- Briefing ZOOM on Thursday 09 September at 6.30pm for more information.
- At the end of the race, each runner will record their performance via the app. This will be added to the overall goal.
How to attend the conference :