The French Lab Singapore is pleased to present its brand-new website http://frenchlab.sg/.
If you are part of the French community of researchers in Singapore, register and ask for a membership, it’s free! Members will have access to each other’s information through the brand-new directory.
Never heard of the French Lab before? Here is a short presentation of our goal and activities:
- Inform the French research community in Singapore of academic, scientific and technological cooperation between France and Singapore and the various channels of support,
- Initiate regular meetings such as conferences, seminars, laboratory visits, casual gatherings, to foster social and professional cohesion,
- Connect the academic researchers with the R&D centres and innovation laboratories of French MNCs to identify possible areas of cooperation,
- Develop new research collaborations between members and Singaporean and international researchers based in Singapore,
- Promote the mobility of Singaporean and international researchers to France,
- Establish links between researchers of French Lab Singapore and entrepreneurs of French Tech Singapore.
How often do we meet? Under what circumstances?
- Once a month minimum with After Labs: After Labs are casual events held in cafés or bars at which a researcher is invited to talk about his area of work. This is followed by a relaxing networking session,
- Visits of research centres: Organisation of visits of laboratories and R&D centres for the members,
- Spotlight On: French Lab members are interviewed on his / her life and work in Singapore and the interview is published on the French Lab website under the section “Spotlight On” intended to give more visibility to the members of the French Lab,
- Information on events: as much information as possible will be communicated via LinkedIn, email, the French Lab website about pertinent and relevant research events taking place in Singapore as well as information on grants or projects.
We recommend researchers and professionals who want to connect with the community to provide new ideas and initiatives.
The French Lab is supported by the Embassy of France in Singapore, the French Chamber Singapore and the regional office of CNRS.