ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR PASSION FOR GASTRONOMY TO A NEW LEVEL?
Gastronomy and taste can be viewed through the lens of history, geography, economy, religion, sociology, psychology… in short, Culture. Since 2004, Advanced Studies in Taste (HEG) has provided a challenging and unique experience for individuals from around the globe (45 nationalities to date), giving participants valuable insights into the art of living and pleasure, to which food and dining is so intrinsically linked.
Top quality teaching, access to the latest research and new approaches to conventional ways of thinking about food is what makes the Advanced Studies in Taste (HEG) programme so special.
You will leave the Advanced Studies in Taste a changed person…
The Advanced Studies in Taste (HEG) programme is an intensive, two-week course designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the various perspectives on taste, gastronomy and fine dining.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME:
• Consolidate your understanding of taste and gastronomy through lectures, workshops and tastings
• Explore food and the act of eating beyond the culinary arts
• Showcase the latest cultural and scientific trends and research in food
• Attend informative excursions around Paris and Champagne
• Meet and network with fellow students from around the world, as well as renowned researchers, university professors and industry professionals
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME AIMED AT?
• Individuals who ware passionate about taste and gastronomy and want to develop a deeper personal
understanding of the cultural, historic, scientific and economic aspects of gastronomy
• Professionals working in gastronomy or food-related sectors:
• restaurant professionals (chefs, restaurant owners…)
• chef instructors, trainers
• wine professionals (sommeliers, oenologists, wine shop owners…)
• R&D managers in the food industry
• specialized journalists (gastronomy, wine, fine living), culinary authors
• those providing cultural and touristic activities in the gastronomy sector
• Persons with a tertiary qualification who are keen to pursue careers or consultancy in the broader food industry sector
For more informations, please contact Edwige Rénier (Program Manager)
Find the HEG 2019 brochure here