Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the new call for post-doctora fellowships called “Make Our Planet Great Again” has been postponed to 5 July 2020.
Launched on 2 June 2017 by President Emmanuel Macron, the “Make Our Planet Great Again” initiative aims to attract foreign students and researchers working on environmental and climate issues to France.
This new call for applications is specifically focused on biodiversity in the North and South Poles, oceans and primary forests, particularly in human and social sciences where the work carried out will impact lifestyle changes. It is intended to host post-doctoral researchers wishing to carry out their research in France on Earth System; Climate Change and Sustainability; Energy Transition; Societal challenges resulting from environmental issues.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- have held a doctoral degree for less than 5 years on the date of submission of the application;
- be national of one of the eligible countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States.
- never having resided in France after September 2019.
- Research focus
The four priority broad research themes are as follows:
- earth systems,
- climate change and sustainability,
- energy transition,
- societal challenges resulting from environmental issues.
Description of the post-doctorate project:
- Title of the project
- Summary of the subject of post-doctora
- Context and motivation
- Scientific objectives
- Methodology and timetable
- Position of the project in relation to the MOPGA scientific field and insertion in the laboratory or research team
The deadline for applications is 5 July 2020.
The start of the post-doctoral contract in France should take effect from January 2021.
More information may be found on the Campus France webpage.