Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the new call for the master’s degree scholarship programme called “Make Our Planet Great Again” has been postponed to 26 April 2020.
Launched on 2 June 2017 by President Emmanuel Macron, the “Make Our Planet Great Again” initiative aims to attract foreign students and researchers working on environmental and climate issues to France.
This new call for applications is specifically targeted at the countries in Asia and Oceania. The focus will be on biodiversity in the North and South Poles, oceans and primary forests, particularly in human and social sciences where the work carried out will impact lifestyle changes.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent or a French licence or be currently enrolled in one such curriculum
- A Singapore citizen or a resident of Singapore
- Never having resided in France after 1 April 2019.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the master’s programme before October 2020.
- Research focus
The four priority broad research themes are as follows:
- earth systems,
- climate change and sustainability,
- energy transition,
- societal challenges resulting from environmental issues.
Successful applicants will receive €1,190 per month for 24 and 12 months for those enrolling in the first and second year respectively. No other funding will be available. A round-trip airfare will also be provided, as well as medical insurance.
A team of scientific experts in the domain will select the successful candidates.
Applications must be accompanied by the following:
- Most recent educational certificate,
- Statement detailing your objectives,
- Signed letter of admission into a French master’s programme,
- Transcripts of the past three years of study,
- Letters of recommendation (optional),
- Passport or proof of ID.
6 March 2020
Call for Applications opens
26 April 2020 at 11:59 pm CET
Call for Applications closes
Beginning of July 2020
Results are announced, depending on the COVID-19 situation
Between September and October 2020
Students report to participating institutions
More information may be found on the Campus France webpage.